Rotag
PC Specification: CyberPowerPC, Windows 10

No Sound while Recording

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:21 pm

So I've been having this issue since I got the program, and I've only ever seen it mentioned one other place on another site, but the fix they used doesn't do anything for me I don't think. While I'm recording my games from my Elgato Capture Card, I can't hear any sound coming from the recording, so no live playback of my audio. When I stop the recording and play back the video, everything is perfectly fine of course, but if I want to hear the game, I have to listen to it from the TV I'm playing my game on, meaning I can't just wear headsets as I like to and mute my TV to keep any background noise out of the video. Does anyone know a fix for this? No setting I've tinkered with has fixed the issue.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: No Sound while Recording

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:47 am

So the problem is you don't hear audio on your PC, but there is an audio in the recording?
I don't think you would want to listengame audio on your PC anyway, because it would be delayed compared to a realtime gameplay, that is how capture cards work.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Rotag

Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:48 am

Oh. Okay. Guess I'll work with it then.

Rotag

Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:41 am

Wait, I just remembered, when I'm using the Elgato program to record my gameplay with, everything comes out fine as well. That's why I was confused when I bought and started using Action! instead, but discovered I couldn't hear sound live as I'm playing the game. The only reason I switched was because the Elgato recording program doesn't allow for me to adjust volumes as I'm recording. So I'd always have to go back and edit the video as the gameplay sounds were far too loud, whereas with Action! I'm able to lower the game sounds so I don't have to bother editing the video in most cases. But in both scenarios there's never a lag in sound, so I would have to believe there's some way to be able to hear the game from my laptop rather than using my TV. Or was Action! just never designed for that?

Return to “Video editing”