Freeway
PC Specification: windows 10

Cannot import action! files into Adobe Premier Pro

Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Hey please help :) I am trying to import recorded file from action! they are 4k HDR resolution stereo sound , i am able to edit those file in cyberlink director , or juste VLC they are fine BUT I cannot import them into Adobe Premier Pro , i see the file but if i try to import it will failed , i can see it spinning for ever , no preview is available too , file are 30 fps , vfr or cfr tried many thing in adobe but i canot import or timeline or edit and again preview not working WHY i choose Adobe its because it can render in HDR which Cyberlink cannot I know that because straight form action! if i Upload to YouTube i will see 4K HDR next to it and same file after being Cyberlink it will only show 4k and not HDR next to it , I need to edit end render in 4k HDR please help me :)

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Cannot import action! files into Adobe Premier Pro

Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:04 am

Apparently Adobe Premier does not support HEVC 10-bit format.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Freeway

Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:30 pm

Wow ok so any idea of what Software that will importe and export HDR file ? and thank you for answering

Watchman
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: Core i9-7940X, nVidia RTX2080 SLI, Win10

Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:35 am

Freeway wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:30 pm
Wow ok so any idea of what Software that will importe and export HDR file ? and thank you for answering
Vegas should import HDR. No idea why it does not work in Adobe. Movies are mastered in HDR so Adobe should support it.

Freeway

Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:47 pm

I appreciated the answer Honestly tried many software and i must say Action! 4 do it right here is a game play recorded with action!4 in 4k HDR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck6KJGchhjo&t=8s i Will try Vegas did not tried it yet , I did try like i was saying Adobe Premiere did not work could not import action!4 recording into it it failed, did try Cyberlink Director it does work to import action!4 file BUT canot render in HDR , tried also Vega it did import the action!4 BUT HDR did not show , so will Try Vegas did not tried it yet .... Again if you have any clue i am still looking for the right Software that can Import Action!4 file in 4k HDR and render them in HDR Thank you :)

Watchman
Mirillis Team

Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:58 pm

Hi Freeway,

There are almost ZERO editors that show preview in HDR. You can import the files and edit and then export HDR - that should work. But only Action! displays the preview in true HDR (has an HDR compositor). We are working on Action! 5 which will include an advanced video compositor and in the future will extend it with editing functions.

Freeway

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:16 am

Oh did not know about the preview in HDR so i will try again Davinci cuz it did work importing action!4 HDR file it just that did not see the HDR in the imported file BUT did not try to render also will try Vegas has you suggested ALSO I am truly appreciated talking with you guys did not know about Action!4 before i was lucky to know about it and of course i did pay for my version right away when i say the quality ... AND i did read about action! 5 really waiting for it , if ya need someone to test it out with 4k HDR recording i am you man lol ... Again really like Action!4 only 1 problem is that Something when i recorded Flight Simulator 2020 in 4k HDR de recorded Something get distorted , very laggy like it will pause missing recording and other time its all perfect like my video as shown and did test out witl almost all pc game that are 4k HDR like Death Stranding and all they are all perfect juste Flight simulator 1 time out of tree i will have mosaic video , choppy , freezing and other time all perfect so .... dont know why !!!

Watchman
Mirillis Team

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:47 pm

Thank you Freeway for supporting us! This will help us to speed up development as we have no big sponsors behind our back. But we love what we do and our goal is to create the best software for recording and streaming on the Planet :)

We will check Filght Simulator 2020 today.

Freeway

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:41 pm

OK what i will do i will take time to record other flight simulator 2020 flight and will post you ones that i was having problem with to give you an idea My all recording will be 4k HDR with last built of Action!4 Over AMD cpu and AMD Gigabyte Aorus 5700XT 8g and 32g of ram

Watchman
Mirillis Team

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Does Flight Simulator 2020 support HDR???

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”