Squibbly
PC Specification: FX 8350, 660Ti, Windows 8.1

Suggestion: Save webcam to a separate file

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi! I'd like to start off by thanking you for your great software.

But i have some constructive criticism for you. :)

First off I use botch Action! and Bandicam to make my videos. Both of these programs have similar functionalities and both have one MAJOR flaw.

The flaw being that when you record your webcam with the software it gets "baked" in to the video.

Now this is fine for novice content creators but for people who have some knowledge of video editing this is a major drawback when trying to make quality content.

When using this function of recording it severely limits your options when editing. You can't move the webcam from one corner to another, you can't expand the webcam shot for intros/outros, you can't fade the webcam out, etc, etc.

So you get my point. I believe a simple solution to all of this would be to make it so your webcam recording gets saved to a separate (HD) file that syncs with the rest of your recording.

I already suggested this to the Bandicam team but they do not seem very willing to implement it. So now i turn to you, hoping that you are willing to improve on your software. Of course i'm willing to pay a premium for this feature if it were to be implemented.

Thanks for reading and i hope my input helps you make your already great software better. :)

sweduck75
PC Specification: i7-6700K, GTX980Ti, 16GB RAM, Win10

Re: Suggestion: Save webcam to a separate file

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:41 pm

I had a funtion as this for a capturecard I used to have but putting it in a normal program, such as Action, would easily make Action shine a bit brighter than the other similar programs

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”