IMPORTANT: For all latest PCs (with latest graphics drivers instlalled) the Intel Quick Sync Video acceleration should work out of the box. Please follow the tutorial below if you have an older PC or experience problems with enabling Quick Sync Video acceleration.
This tutorial requires to connect your Intel® HD Graphics card to a monitor.
You may also check the tutorial about activating Intel® Quick Sync Video without need to connect Intel HD
Graphics card to a monitor.
The tutorial is designed for desktop computers with Intel processors supporting Intel Quick Sync Video technology and
with additional NVIDIA or AMD PCI-E graphics card installed.
Requirements to setup Intel Quick Sync Video on desktop PC with additional PCI-E graphics card:
- Hardware supporting Intel Quick Sync Video Technology
- A monitor with two video inputs or two monitors
- Two cables to connect 2 graphics cards with monitor
- Latest version of Action! and Intel graphics drivers
Why Intel Quick Sync Video technology is so cool?
- Ultra fast raw AVI Action! recordings export to MP4 format with low CPU usage
- Real-time HD video recording directly to MP4 format with low CPU usage
Please follow the steps below to setup your PC to make Intel Quick Sync Video technology available in Action!
Check if your CPU model supports Intel Quick Sync Video technology. You can check your desktop processor model graphics specifications at Intel website:
Check your PC BIOS User Manual or instructions to see how to enable Intel integrated graphics (iGPU).
Enable Intel graphics and save BIOS changes.
To enable Intel Quick Sync Video technology it is required to connect Intel HD graphics card to monitor.
If you have 1 monitor you can connect your cards as follows:
- connect your NVIDIA/AMD card via DVI or HDMI to your monitor and make it main display in Windows Screen Resolution settings
- connect your Intel HD graphics card to your monitor VGA input or any other free input and set it as extended display
If you have 2 monitors you can connect it as follows:
- connect your NVIDIA/AMD card to 1st monitor and make it main display in Windows Screen Resolution settings
- connect your Intel HD graphics card to 2nd monitor and set it as extended display
It is strongly recommended to install the latest Intel graphics drivers available for your Intel HD graphics card model.
Intel Quick Sync Video acceleration may be not available or may work incorrectly with old graphics drivers.
Run Action!, set Output file format to MP4 and check Hardware acceleration option: Intel Quick Sync Video should be available on hardware acceleration dropdown list.